|3/4 cup||(175 ml)||softened butter|
|3/4 cup||(175 ml)||granulated sugar|
|3/4 cup||(175 ml)||light brown sugar|
|1 1/2 tsp||(7.5 ml)||vanilla extract|
|2 1/4 cups + 2 tbsp||(590 ml)||all purpose flour|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||baking soda|
|3/4 tsp||(4 ml)||salt|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||crushed candy canes|
|1 1/3 cup||(325 ml)||white chocolate chips|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugars together until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter, egg & sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Fold in candy canes and white chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls (preferably using a cookie scoop) onto a heavy cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes. Remove when cookies are just starting to brown for chewy cookies and when they are almost golden for crispier cookies. Cool for a few moments on the cookie sheet before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.