Opportunity at Lactanet
Lactanet Canada is a producer owned organization, providing innovative dairy herd management and genetic services to more than 10,000 dairy farm customers and professional advisors throughout the country. We are a national company created by a partnership of CDN, CanWest DHI, and Valacta organizations.
Title: Dairy Farm Customer Service Representative
Location: Ponoka, Alberta
Type: Hourly, part-time
The Customer Service Representative’s primary responsibility is to meet Lactanet customer needs with fast, accurate, and useful information. In this role, you will be working directly on-farm. Candidates who enjoy farming, cows, and rural road travel, who can maintain organization and communication remotely, will excel in this position.
In this role, you will:
- Visit dairy farms daily to sample milk, collect data, and promote our dairy herd improvement services to dairy producer customers.
- Assist and provide additional information to customers about the interpretation and application of data collected.
- Independently arrange your administrative, travel and scheduling tasks.
- Actively participate in the job training provided.
- Diploma in agriculture would be considered an asset.
- Practical knowledge and working experience in the dairy industry.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with computers with residential high speed internet.
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
- Resides in the circuit area.
- This position may require occasional heavy lifting of up to 75 lbs.
View the entire job posting, here.
If you meet the qualifications for this position and reside in the location of this vacancy, please send a cover letter and your resume in the content of the email (no attachments, please) with the subject line “Ponoka Area AB CSR” to email@example.com.