Opportunity at Alberta Milk
Title: Regulatory, Strategy, and Planning Manager
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Type: Permanent, full-time
Hours: 37.5 hours/week
The Regulatory, Strategy, and Planning Manager is a team player, self-starter, and excellent problem solver. You will lead and oversee the development of strategic and operational support of Alberta Milk, under the direction of the General Manager. You have a proven track record in strategic planning, policy, and regulatory development, consultation and engagement, and governance excellence.
As an integral part of Alberta Milk’s management team your key responsibilities are:
- Policy and Regulatory Development to ensurer alignment with the direction from our Board, current and future direction of the industry, and with broader provincial and national legistative strategies.
- Government Policy Support through developing and maintaining srong relationships with government officials, elected representatives and staff at all levels of government in relation to policy and regulatory matters.
- Strategic planning, business planning and reporting by supporting the development and delivery of organizational goals and ensure alignment with Alberta Milk’s Strategic Plan.
- Government Excellence by leading professional development work in supporting Alberta Milk and its members and ensuring Alberta Milk’s governance manual and governing policies are current and remain relevant.
View the entire list of requirements, here.
For inquires, or to apply, please email email@example.com.
Opportunity at Lactanet
Lactanet Canada is a producer owned organization, providing innovative dairy herd management and genetic services to more than 10,000 dairy farm customers and professional advisors throughout the country. We are a national company created by a partnership of CDN, CanWest DHI, and Valacta organizations.
Title: Dairy Farm Customer Service Representative
Location: Ponoka, Alberta
Type: Hourly, full-time
The Customer Service Representative’s primary responsibility is to meet Lactanet customer needs with fast, accurate, and useful information. In this role, you will be working directly on-farm. Candidates who enjoy farming, cows, and rural road travel, who can maintain organization and communication remotely, will excel in this position.
In this role, you will:
- Visit dairy farms daily to sample milk, collect data, and promote our dairy herd improvement services to dairy producer customers.
- Assist and provide additional information to customers about the interpretation and application of data collected.
- Independently arrange your administrative, travel and scheduling tasks.
- Actively participate in the job training provided.
- Diploma in agriculture would be considered an asset.
- Practical knowledge and working experience in the dairy industry.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with computers with residential high speed internet.
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
- Resides in the circuit area.
- This position may require occasional heavy lifting of up to 75 lbs.
View the entire job posting, here.
If you meet the qualifications for this position and reside in the location of this vacancy, please send a cover letter and your resume in the content of the email (no attachments, please) with the subject line “Ponoka Area AB CSR” to firstname.lastname@example.org.