Marketing Coordinator (Parental Leave Replacement)
Title: Marketing Coordinator (Parental Leave Replacement)
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Type: Temporary (1 year), full-time
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posted: January 8, 2024
Work for an organization that believes every employee contributes directly to the growth and success of Alberta Milk and BC Dairy!
Alberta Milk and BC Dairy combined their marketing team in the Fall of 2022 to form the BC and Alberta (BCA) Market Development Team, to support the business success of BC and Alberta dairy farmers by developing and executing strategic partnerships and initiatives that support overall long-term market growth for dairy products in BC and Alberta.
As non-profit organizations, we undertake a wide variety of activities that represent the interests of dairy producers, such as marketing, nutrition, education, transportation, and policy. We are a proud producer-driven organization, where we receive our direction from our board of directors and delegates, who are all licensed dairy farmers.
Our vision is to be a strategic partner in Canada’s dairy industry. We pride ourselves on collaborating to build a thriving industry that produces high-quality milk and dairy products within Canada’s supply-managed system.
Together, as a culture-driven organization, we aim to leave a positive mark not only within our association but also in the broader dairy community and the world we serve. Join us in this transformative journey, where every step we take reflects our unwavering commitment to excellence, sustainability, and becoming better together for Canadian dairy.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting the development, implementation, and evaluation of marketing initiatives for BC and Alberta (BCA). The role is part of a collaborative cross-provincial team and will work to leverage the expertise of the team along various points of a project.
A significant part of the work requires working with external marketing companies and strategic partners to coordinate marketing campaigns and community activations. The Marketing Coordinator will contribute a regional perspective from Alberta to support the development and implementation of the BCA community engagement plan.
As an integral part of the BCA Marketing team, your key responsibilities are:
- Coordinate the implementation of BCA marketing campaigns to increase the reach of our marketing campaigns through local activations at community events in BC and Alberta.
- Support the implementation of DFC’s Service Agreement with Alberta Milk by providing local perspectives and expertise for the Alberta market on proposed initiatives.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the BCA digital strategy and community engagement plan to foster, increase, and diversify community engagement.
- Provide communications support and act as a spokesperson in proactive public relations outreach and media inquiries.
WHAT WE NEED
- Marketing certification or related field.An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a marketing or related role
- Sound experience in executing marketing campaigns and working with marketing agencies.
- A successful track record in executing social media tactics, principles, current practices, and ad campaigns.
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple projects at the same time and working on cross-functional teams
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs, project management software (Asana), and social media programs and monitoring tools.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Hybrid work arrangements
- A culture based on our values of collaboration, knowledge, excellence and customer service
- A demonstrated commitment to fostering a workplace of respect, diversity, and inclusion
Interested applicants, please send your cover letter and resume email@example.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and will fairly consider all qualified applicants. We are dedicated to embracing and creating an equitable, diverse, and inclusive environment. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all identities and lived experiences, including women, indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
Intensive Livestock Working Group Executive Director
The Intensive Livestock Working Group (ILWG) is a unique partnership that functions as a strategic alliance of eight member organizations representing the interests of the livestock/poultry industry.
Its mandate is to identify emerging issues that have the potential to impact the livestock/poultry industry, then develop mitigation strategies that deal with those issues in an effective and time sensitive manner.
The ILWG is looking to retain an Executive Director to deliver the following:
- Project management services
- Early identification of issues that have the potential to impact the livestock/poultry industry
- Develop options to mitigate the impacts of emerging issues
- Action plans/projects
- Policy considerations
- An effective communications network amongst ILWG member organizations
- Maximizes the effectiveness and efficiency of the ILWG through the application of finite resources
This is a standalone position with administrative services provided by ILWG member organizations.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides the support services required to deliver the strategic priorities of the ILWG
- Drafts meeting agendas in conjunction with the chair
- Notifies all members of meetings and forwards all meeting materials
- Attends all ILWG meetings
- Prepares and distributes meeting summaries/notes
- On a consensus basis, works with the members on the development of common messages
- Establishes and maintains an effective communication network amongst ILWG members
- Primary network contacts are the managers of member organizations
- Member managers are responsible for distribution of ILWG information within their organizations
- Collaborate with ILWG members on the prioritization existing issues
- Identify and report on emerging issues.
- In collaboration with the members, develop options to manage emerging issues
- Maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the ILWG through the application of limited resources
- Carry out activities within the budget of the ILWG, as approved by the members.
- Maximizes project impact by leveraging industry contributions through available funding.
- Establish and maintain effective intelligence and leverage networks within those constituencies that have the potential to impact the livestock/poultry industry
- Functions as the primary resource to ILWG representatives assigned to various activities / committees / working groups)
- May represent the ILWG as an alternate and speak on issues within context of established positions
Please submit applications to ILWG@cattlefeeders.ca by Jan 31, 2024