Ag Safe Alberta
We are an Agriculture based safety organization that is results-oriented, accountable and transparent to our stakeholders with a focus on continuous improvement and best practices through data collection and sharing.
The Executive Director serves as the CEO of Ag Safe and reports directly to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director provides strategic leadership to Ag Safe and its member organizations and is responsible for the overall management and operations of Ag Safe.
Strategic & Policy
- Assist the Board in setting strategic direction and formulating major Board policy.
- Implement Board decisions and strategic direction.
- Negotiate on behalf of Ag Safe in consultation with the Board.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including farmers and farming operations, affiliated safety organizations, government, and other members.
- Keep the Board and organization members informed on matters relating to the Agricultural Safety industry.
- Ensure effective safety program delivery to stakeholders.
- Organize Board meetings in consultation with the Chair.
- Advise the Board with respect to its legal and regulatory obligations.
Management and Operational
- Develop and maintain an effective and efficient organizational structure
- Develop and maintain policies as required for management and operational success
- Responsible for maintaining Ag Safe’s assets
- Develop annual budgets and financial statements for Board approval.
- Develop and maintain effective information management systems.
- Ensure that all administrative activities respect applicable federal or provincial legislation.
- An effective communicator who is able to clearly articulate and build support for a culture of farm worker safety
- A relationship and team builder who will pull together effective teams as required and strategic relationships in order to deliver on Ag Safe’s goals.
- A Strategic thinker who is able to analyze and creatively approach strategic planning and problem solving from a variety of perspectives.
- A principled and ethical leader who is able to effectively translates Strategic Priorities into action and mobilizes resources to achieve goals.
- An effective negotiator and collaborator who seeks creative solutions that respect the needs of all parties and strengthen relationships.
- Proven general business experience in running all aspects of an organization including Finance, H/R, IT and Communications (including media relations).
- Safety experience and understanding of Occupational Health and Safety Regulations would be an asset
- Working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, and reporting to a Board of Directors are assets.
- Agriculture experience an asset.
- Minimum Undergraduate Degree with a relevant major or minor.
Position to be located in Calgary or Edmonton. Travel is expected.
$80,000 – $120,000 annually depending upon experience and qualifications
Please forward applications in confidence to: email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until May 3, 2018
Only successful Candidates will be contacted.
Visit our Farm Labour Site to post a resume or to upload a job posting.Click here for job postings