Dairy Technician at Lakeland College
As a global leader in student-managed learning opportunities, Lakeland College is committed to developing leaders. It’s something they excel at because of their exceptional team. Their passion and commitment to academic excellence, innovation and achievement is what sets Lakeland apart, as an educator and an employer. Join their team and be part of helping their students take the lead not only into the future, but today.
- Day to day operations in the Dairy Learning Centre, which includes milking, breeding, treatments, calving and calf care, assisting and training students as per the shift schedule determined by the dairy unit manager
- Ensuring proper operations and maintenance of milking equipment, that cows are milked out properly and thoroughly, and that all milking equipment (parlour and robot) are kept clean and up to standards
- Utilizing electronic methods to maintain animal records; Dairy Comp, DelPro and other recording methods
- Ensure the facility is presentable to College visitors and prospective students as per the DLC cleaning schedule
- Maintenance of waterers, manure handling equipment, feed bunks, feeders, shelters, pens, etc
- Assist farm technicians with other farm related duties as the need arises across the whole College Farm
- Post-secondary agriculture related education, preferably Diploma in Animal Science (or equivalent)
- Dairy experience and knowledge of farm equipment operation and robotic technology is highly desirable, willingness to learn and work with technology is required
- Manual labour, shift work, weekend work and on-call work are required; valid driver’s license is also required
- Ability to perform artificial insemination would be an asset
This is a Full-time Permanent AUPE appointment at the Vermilion campus commencing as soon as possible. The current salary range is $48,846 – $61,554 per annum, based on 40 hours a week, and includes a generous benefit package and pension plan.
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. All resumes are to be submitted electronically online.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.