|1 pkg||(7 g)||unflavoured gelatin powder|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||whole milk, divided|
|2 cups||(500 ml)||35% whipping cream|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||sugar|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||vanilla extract|
|2 cups||(500 ml)||sliced strawberries|
|1/3 cup||(75 ml)||sugar|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||lemon juice|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||cornstarch|
|3 tbsp||(45 ml)||water|
- Sprinkle the gelatin over half the milk; let stand for 5 minutes or until gelatin has softened.
- Meanwhile, heat cream, remaining milk and sugar in a saucepan set over medium heat until the mixture starts to simmer around the edges of the pan.
- Stir in gelatin mixture; whisk until dissolved. Stir in vanilla. Strain through fine-mesh sieve. Cool slightly.
- Divide the mixture among 6 dessert glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours or until set. Before serving, top with Strawberry Compote.
- Add strawberries, sugar and lemon juice to a heavy-bottomed saucepan set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk water with cornstarch until smooth and stir into strawberry mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool completely.
- Panna cottas can be made up to 3 days in advance and kept chilled until ready to serve.
- Strawberry Compote can be made up to 1 to 2 days in advanced and kept chilled until ready to serve.