|6||(large)||egg whites, warmed to room temperature|
|1/4 tsp||(1 ml)||cream of tartar|
|3/4 cup||(175 ml)||sugar|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||cornstarch|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||vanilla extract|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||lemon Greek yogurt|
|2/3 cup||(150 ml)||sugar|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||cornstarch|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||lemon juice|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||water|
|Zest of 2||lemons|
|1 1/2 cups||(375 ml)||whipped cream|
|1 1/2 cups||(375 ml)||sliced strawberries|
- Preheat oven to 275 F (140 C).
- Using a hand beater or a mixer, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Beat in roughly half of the sugar, 1 tbsp (15 ml) at a time, until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Combine remaining sugar, cornstarch and lemon zest in a bowl. Gradually beat into whites. Beat in vanilla.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, spoon meringue into 12 rounds. Using the back of a spoon, press down on meringue to form an indent and make your tart “shell”.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a medium saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Add lemon juice and water; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- In a small mixing bowl, lightly beat egg yolks.
- Whisk 2 tbsp (30 ml) hot mixture into small bowl with yolks. Gradually stir mixture back into the saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring for 2 minutes. Stir in lemon zest.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Stir Greek yogurt into cooled mixture.
- Spoon cooled filling mixture into cooled meringues. Top with whipped cream and strawberries.