Hot Chocolate Fudge Sauce
|6 oz||(180 g)||semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||white sugar|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||vanilla extract|
|1/4 tsp||(1 ml)||salt|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||butter|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||half and half cream|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||vanilla ice cream|
|2||graham crackers, broken into small pieces|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||hot chocolate fudge sauce|
- Place all hot chocolate fudge sauce ingredients, except half and half cream, in a small sauce pan.
- Pour half and half cream into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 75-90 seconds, until very hot.
- Immediately pour hot half and half into the sauce pan and whisk until combined.
- Heat saucepan mixture until it thickens over low heat for about 5 minutes. Stir frequently to ensure chocolate does not burn.
- Layer ice cream, graham crackers, mini marshmallows, and hot fudge sauce in a small bowl.
- Sauce can be kept for up to one week in the fridge. To reheat, warm for about 15 seconds in the microwave.