|2 slices||bacon, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces|
|2||celery stalks, chopped|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||salt|
|1/4 tsp||(1 ml)||black pepper|
|2 tbsp||(25 ml)||all-purpose flour|
|3||(medium)||potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes|
|1 1/2 cups||(375 ml)||water|
|2 cups||(500 ml)||milk|
|1 can||(14 fl. oz/398 ml)||creamed corn|
|1 lb||(500 g)||skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces, OR 2 cans (7.5 fl. oz/ 213 g) pink salmon drained|
|2 tbsp||(25 ml)||fresh dill, chopped|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||butter|
- Cook bacon in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add onion, celery, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in potato and water and bring to a boil; cover. Cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Stir in milk and corn. Cook for about 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in salmon, dill and butter. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for about 3 minutes or until salmon is just cooked. Do not overcook.