|2 cups||(500 ml)||finely crushed honey pretzels, or regular pretzels with 3 tbsp (45 ml) honey)|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||butter, melted|
|2 cups||(500 ml)||sliced strawberries (plus extras for serving)|
|1 (14 oz) can||sweetened condensed milk (or try making your own)|
|1/2 cup||(4 oz)||cream cheese, softened|
|3 tbsp||(45 ml)||strawberry gelatin powder|
|3/4 cup||(175 ml)||whipping cream|
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Use a food processor or blender to crush the pretzels until they are very fine. Stir in melted butter. Press mixture firmly into the bottom and up onto the sides of a 10-inch pie plate. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool completely (at least 30 minutes).
- Food process or blend strawberries for a few seconds to crush them and release their juices.
- Beat condensed milk, cream cheese and gelatin with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. On low speed, add strawberries and beat until just blended.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream at a high speed until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the strawberry mixture. Pour into prepared crust and freeze for 8 to 10 hours (or overnight).
- Serve with sliced strawberries on top and eat it quick before it melts!