|2 1/4 cups||(560 ml)||whipping cream|
|1/3 cup||(75 ml)||sugar|
|2 tsp||(10 ml)||vanilla extract|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||brown sugar|
|6||strawberries or other small berries, to garnish|
- In small saucepan heat cream over medium heat just until small bubbles begin to form around edges; remove from heat.
- In medium bowl whisk sugar with egg, egg yolks and vanilla until well blended. Gradually whisk hot cream into egg mixture until blended.
- Ladle into 6 lightly buttered (6 oz/175 mL) ovenproof custard cups. Place in baking dish filled with hot water so that it reaches halfway up sides of cups.
- Bake in preheated 350 °F (180 °C) oven 30 to 35 min or until a knife inserted in center of custard comes out nearly clean (center will be jiggly). Remove from hot water; refrigerate until cold.
- Just before serving, place custard cups on baking sheet. Sprinkle custard with brown sugar. Broil about 3 in (7.5 cm) from broiler for about 1 min, or until sugar melts and turns golden (watch carefully so sugar doesn't burn). Remove from oven, serve topped with strawberry.