|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||sugar|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||brown sugar, firmly packed|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||butter, softened|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||vanilla|
|3/4 cup + 2 tbsp||(175 ml + 30 ml)||whole wheat flour (or all-purpose)|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp||(1 ml)||nutmeg|
|1/4 tsp||(1 ml)||salt|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||baking soda|
|1 1/2 cup||(375 ml)||large flaked oats|
|2/3 cup||(150 ml)||chocolate chips or raisins|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||chopped pecans (or nut of choice)|
- Cream the butter and sugars together until well blended. Add egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Mix flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Fold into creamed mixture until just mixed. Do not over mix.
- Add rolled oats, chocolate chips (or raisins), and nuts.
- Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into balls. Chill for one hour. The dough needs to be cold when it goes into the oven.
- Preheat oven to 375F (180C). Place balls onto a pachment lines aluminum cookie sheet, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake for about 9-10 minutes. Do not over bake or your cookies will lose their chewy texture. They will look under baked, but don't worry!
- Remove from pan and cool on cookie rack. Enjoy!