|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||butter|
|4||(medium)||pears (peeled, cored and sliced)|
|1/4 cup||(50 ml)||brown sugar, packed|
|1/4 cup||(50 ml)||whipping cream|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||whipping cream|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||brown sugar, packed|
|1/4 tsp||(1 ml)||ground cinnamon|
|1 1/4 cups||(300 ml)||apple or pear juice|
|2 tbsp||(25 ml)||brandy (optional*)|
|2 - 4 oz packages||(125 g)||lady finger biscuits|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||vanilla yogurt|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||whipping cream (whipped)|
|1/4 cup||(50 ml)||sliced almonds, toasted|
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the pears and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add sugar and whipping cream. Heat, stirring for about 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until thickened slightly; set aside.
- Combine juice and brandy in small shallow dish.
- To assemble the trifle, dip one-third of biscuits into juice mixture. Place into an 8 cup serving dish or 8 individual serving dishes.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and top with one-third of pears. Dip another one-third of biscuits into juice and layer on top of pears. Spread yogurt over biscuits. Layer on remaining pears. Dip remaining biscuits into juice. Layer over pears. Spread whipped cream over biscuits. Sprinkle with almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.