|1 tbsp||(7 g)||unflavoured gelatin|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||cool water|
|2 cups||(500 ml)||35% cream|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||milk|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||vanilla extract|
|1/3 cup||(75 ml)||sugar|
|1 1/2 cups||(375 ml)||fresh raspberries|
- In a bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cool water; let stand for 5 min to soften.
- In a saucepan, combine cream, milk, 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the sugar and vanilla extract. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring often. Pour over gelatin mixture and stir well until gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour into 6 to 8 jars, glasses or dessert dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hrs or until set, or for up to 2 days.
- When ready to serve, in a bowl, using a potato masher or a fork, mash raspberries and remaining sugar together and spoon on top of cream in dishes.
- Tip for Kids: Make mini desserts using liqueur glasses or fun-coloured small dishes. Sprinkle some mini chocolate chips on top of the raspberries.
- Scrape the seeds of 1/4 vanilla bean and into cream mixture and add pod instead of extract. Heat as directed and discard pod before mixing with gelatin. Using a mini chopper, process the sugar for the topping with a pinch of dried lavender flowers, then mash with strawberries.