|1 box||(approximately 500 g)||pasta (bow tie or your favourite)|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||butter|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||sliced mushrooms|
|1-1 1/2 lbs||(500-750 g)||lean ground turkey|
|2||(medium)||fresh tomatoes, chopped|
|2 cups||(500 ml)||fresh spinach|
|1 1/2 jars||(~900 ml)||tomato pasta sauce|
|2 1/2 cups||(625 ml)||grated cheese (I used a combination of cheddar and mozzarella and provolone)|
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cook pasta according to package, but make sure that you don’t cook past “el dente.”
- While it is cooking, melt butter in a large and deep sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add ground turkey and sauté until no longer pink (8-10 minutes).
- Turn heat down to medium-low and add tomatoes and spinach. Sauté for 2-3 minutes spinach is wilted.
- Remove pan from the heat, add jar of pasta sauce as well as cooked pasta and stir to combine.
- Grease a large casserole dish and fill the bottom with half of the pasta mixture. Top with half of the grated cheese. Top with remaining pasta mixture and then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 F for approximately 30 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top.