|250 g||(6 oz)||jumbo pasta shells, about 16 (Tip: cook a few extra in case some break)|
|2 cups||(500 g)||ricotta cheese|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||shredded mozzarella cheese, divided in half|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||shredded Parmesan cheese, divided in half|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||chopped fresh spinach, about 1 large handful|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||Italian seasoning|
|1/8 tsp||(0.5 ml)||pepper|
|1 jar||(650 ml)||low-sodium marinara or pasta sauce|
|fresh basil leaves (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Cook pasta shells according to package instructions. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, mix ricotta, 1/2 cup (125 ml) mozzarella, 1/4 cup (60 ml) Parmesan, spinach, egg, Italian seasoning and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Spread 1/2 cup (125 ml) of pasta sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch (22x33 cm) pan.
- Spoon about 2 tbsp (30 ml) of filling into each cooked shell and place in the pan. Pour remaning pasta sauce on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired.