|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||orange juice|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||dried dates|
|8 cups||(2 L)||cubed cinnamon raisin bread (~12 sliced)|
|2 cups||(500 ml)||homogenized milk (can substitute 2%)|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||butter, melted|
|3/4 cup||(175 ml)||brown sugar|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||vanilla|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||gingerbread spice mix (can substitute cinnamon)|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||dried canberries|
|butter (for greasing slow cooker)|
- Place the orange juice and dried dates in a small sauce pan, heat for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Measure out bread, and place in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, butter, brown sugar, vanilla and gingerbread spice/cinnamon. While whisking, slowly add in orange juice and date mixture. Add in cranberries. Pour this mixture over the bread.
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker with butter. Then, to the slow cooker, add in bread mixtures. Slow cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve in a bowl. Top with vanilla yogurt. Garnish with dried cranberries.