|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||butter|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||back bacon, chopped|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||onion, chopped|
|1||(1)||clove garlic, minced|
|1 1/4 cups||(300 ml)||rolled oats|
|1||(1)||egg, lightly beaten|
|1 1/2 cups||(375 ml)||milk|
|1/8 tsp||(1 ml)||salt|
|1/8 tsp||(1 ml)||pepper|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||grated parmesan cheese, divided|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 tsp||(10 ml)||fresh thyme, chopped|
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease or spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- 2. In skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; cook bacon, onion and garlic for about 5 minutes or until bacon is opaque and onion is softened. Add oats; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until oats are lightly browned.
- Whisk egg with milk, salt, pepper, 1/4 cup (60 ml) cheese, parsley and thyme. Stir into oat mixture.
- Divide mixture among muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until oatmeal is firm and lightly golden.
- Transfer 2 breakfast cups to each plate; top each with a poached egg and sprinkle with remaining cheese.