|2 cups||(500 ml)||all-purpose flour|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||(2.5 ml)||salt|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||softened butter|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||sugar|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||milk|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||shredded cheddar cheese|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||smoked ham, chopped|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||fresh basil, chopped|
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- Butter and flour 12 large muffin cups. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Beat butter with sugar until creamy; add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, alternating dry and liquid ingredients. Quickly fold in cheese, meat and basil.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake in oven for 25-30 min until done.
- Remove to a rack. Delicious served at once or reheated and buttered.
- Batter may be baked in a 9 x 5-in (23 x 13 cm) buttered loaf pan for 50-60 min. Serve sliced and toasted with butter.