|1 cup||(250 ml)||chopped veggies such as mushrooms and tomato and bell peppers|
|1 handful||(large)||fresh spinach|
|1/3 cup||(75 ml)||skim or 1% milk|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||cheddar cheese, grated|
|2 tsp||(10 ml)||butter for sautéing|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||each Salt and pepper|
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In medium sized bowl, combine eggs, milk, grated cheese, salt and pepper until well mixed. Set aside.
- On stove, heat butter over medium heat in medium sized skillet
- Add chopped veggies and sauté for 3-5 minutes until tender. Add fresh spinach and cook until just wilted- do not over-cook veggies.
- Add egg mixture to pan and gently disperse veggies evenly within egg mixture. Cook for about 5 minutes, until egg mixture is cooked along edges. Transfer to oven, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until frittata is firm (not runny) in centre.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool. Remember to always cover the handle with an oven mitt (it’s steaming hot!).
- Cut and serve on top of whole grain toast and pair with salsa or a salad.