|50 ml||(1/5 cup)||olive oil|
|1||(small)||red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced|
|1||(small)||green bell pepper, deseeded and sliced|
|1||(small)||red onion, peeled and sliced thinly|
|1||(small)||head fennel bulb, sliced thinly|
|2||(medium)||garlic cloves, minced|
|18||(ripe)||cherry tomatoes, cut in half|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||chili flakes, approximately|
|3/5 tsp||(3 ml)||whole fennel seeds|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||white wine (optional)|
|6 cups||(1.5 L)||chicken or fish stock|
|6-25 gram pieces||(0.88 oz)||halibut fillets|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||cilantro, coarsely chopped|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||salt, approximately|
- Prep the onions, pepper, garlic and tomatoes.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil and heat until it just starts to smoke – carefully add the sliced bell peppers, fennel, red onion, garlic, cherry tomatoes, chili flakes and fennel seeds – cook until fragrant and the vegetables start to “sweat” – stir all the time while cooking.
- Add the white wine and let reduce by half. Then add the stock and bring to a simmer.
- Once stock is simmering – add the scallops, prawns and halibut. Bring to simmer – but DON’T boil! Simmer for 2-3 minutes and add the chopped cilantro.
- Check seasoning and serve at once in hot bowls.