|2 1/2 cups||(625 ml)||cauliflower florets|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||Onions, diced|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||olive oil|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||Canola oil|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||currants|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||pine nuts, toasted|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||fresh bread crumbs|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||Kosher salt, approximately|
|1/4 tsp||(1 ml)||black pepper|
|1 tsp||(2 ml)||butter|
- Break the cauliflower into small florets, using hands, remove all stems, makes for better texture., (Stems can be used for soup or mixed into mashed potatoes).
- While getting cauliflower ready, heat olive oil over medium heat, add onions and cooks stirring often till golden brown, about 5 minutes, removed and set aside
- Heat the same pan, and once hot, add the canola oil, and once hot add the cauliflower. Cook stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes, the cauliflower should be el dente.
- Turn heat down to medium and stir in bread crumbs, pine nuts and currants. Adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Remove pan from heat, add the butter and mix till butter has melted.
- Plate on nice platter and serve.
- This dish may be done a day ahead and then simply re-heated.