|6||regular sized whole grain soft tortillas|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||butter, melted|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||Enchilada sauce|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||cooked chicken, diced|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||red onion, thinly sliced|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||diced bell pepper|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||baby tomatoes, quartered|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese|
|Garnishes: chopped cilantro, sour cream, salsa|
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Place tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet, and prick all over with a fork. Brush melted butter on top of each tortilla (leave some for sauteing veggies).
- Bake for about 5-7 minutes, until puffed and just golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining butter over medium heat. Add the sliced onions and pepper and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until translucent and caramelized (about 7-8 minutes). Remove skillet from heat.
- While onions and peppers are cooking, brush enchilada sauce over each of the baked tortillas. Top with sauteed onions and peppers,chicken, tomatoes, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place is back in the oven and cook for 4-5 more minutes, until the cheese has melted. Remove from oven and garnish with fresh cilantro, sour cream, and/or salsa. Enjoy!