|2 cups||(500 mL)||All-purpose flour|
|1 tbsp||(15 mL)||Baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||(2 mL)||Baking soda|
|1/4 tsp||(1 mL)||salt|
|1/2 cup||(125 mL)||Unsalted butter, cubed|
|1/2 cup||(125 mL)||kefir|
|1||(1)||Egg, lightly beaten|
|2 cups||(500 mL)||Shredded cooked chicken|
|1/3 cup||(75 mL)||Mayonnaise|
|1 tbsp||(15 mL)||Chopped fresh parsley|
|2 tsp||(10 mL)||Lemon juice|
|2 tsp||(10 mL)||Dijon mustard|
|1||(1)||Stalk celery, finely chopped|
|1/4 tsp||(1 mL)||Each salt and pepper|
|1 cup||(250 mL)||Baby arugula|
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in kefir and egg (do not overwork dough).
- On lightly floured surface; knead dough gently just until dough comes together.
- Pat into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick circle. Using 3-inch (8 cm) round cutter, cut out 4 rounds.
- Reroll and cut out 2 additional round. Transfer biscuits to prepared baking sheet; bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Let cool on rack.
- Mix together chicken, mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, mustard, celery, salt and pepper. To serve, split biscuits in half. Top each half with arugula and scoop of chicken salad.
- To serve, split biscuits in half. Top each half with arugula and scoop of chicken salad.