|2 cups||(500 ml)||flour|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||ginger|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||all spice|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||butter|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||sugar|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||molasses|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||hot coffee|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||baking soda|
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Lightly butter an 8” x 12” cake pan or muffin tin (12).
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour and spices and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and mix, then add the molasses and mix again.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together the hot coffee and baking soda. Add this to the butter mixture and stir.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Pour batter into pan/muffin tin and bake for about 35 – 40 minutes until done.
- Tip: Using a mesh strainer to sift the flour and spices is easy and less messy than a flour sifter. Just put the strainer over the bowl, measure out the dry ingredients and shake the strainer until everything is in the bowl.