|4 cups||(1 L)||milk, divided|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||sugar|
|1/3 cup||(75 ml)||cornstarch|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||vanilla|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||raisins|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||cinnamon|
- In a large suace pan, stir in 3 cups (750 ml) milk with sugar. Set over medium-high heat, stir and bring to a simmer.
- Place remaining milk in a medium bowl. Whisk in cornstarch until dissolved. Once milk reachers a simmer, add the cornstarch mixture and whisk continually.
- Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly until mixture thickens, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Pour into a bowl or individual serving dishes.
- To prevent a skin from forming, place plastic wrap on surface of pudding.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until set.
- Discard plastic wrap. Sprinkle with raisins and cinnamon or your favourite toppings.