|2 tsp||(10 ml)||butter|
|4 cloves||garlic, minced|
|1 lb||(500 g)||extra lean ground beef|
|1-2 tsp||(5-10 ml)||dried chilies, crushed|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||salt and pepper|
|24 oz can||(796 ml)||diced tomatoes|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||sweet chili sauce|
|14 oz can||(398 ml)||corn kernels, drained|
|3 tbsp||(40 ml)||fresh parsley, chopped, or 3 tsp (15 ml) dried|
|1/3-1/2 cup||(75-125 ml)||Canadian cheddar cheese, grated|
|3/4 lb||(350 g)||uncooked pasta or rice of your choice (cooked according to package directions)|
- Combine butter, garlic, ground beef, dried chilies, salt, and pepper in a large skillet over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Add diced tomatoes and sweet chili sauce to skillet over medium-high heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add canned corn and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add parsley and cheese and stir until combined.
- Cook pasta or rice according to package directions. Add to sauce and toss to combine.
- Tip: For a meatless version use 2 — 14 oz (398 ml) cans mixed beans, drained and rinsed.