|1 cup||(250 ml)||flour|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||brown sugar, lightly packed|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||butter, softened|
|2 pkg (8 oz each)||(250 g each)||Canadian cream cheese brick style, softened|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||sugar|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||lemon juice|
|3/4 cup||(180 ml)||sugar|
|3 tbsp||(45 ml)||cornstarch|
|3/4 cup||(180 ml)||lemon juice|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||cold butter, cubed|
- Blend flour with sugar and rub butter into flour mixture using a rubber spatula. Use a fork to stir eggs into flour until crumbly. Pat dough into the bottom of a greased 9-inch (23 cm) springform baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Beat Canadian cream cheese until very smooth. Mix in eggs, sugar and lemon juice. Spread into prepared crust. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
Lemon Curd- topping
- In a double boiler, stir together sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in lemon juice until well blended. Stir in eggs. Cook, stirring constantly, until thick, about 10 minutes.
- Add butter to mixture, continuing to stir.
- Cool completely and spread over cooled cheesecake. Chill until set. Cut with a warm, wet knife and enjoy!