|1 1/2 cup||(375 ml)||flour|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||(2.5 ml)||salt|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||sugar|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||milk|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||melted butter|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||sour cream|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||vanilla extract|
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Whisk eggs into milk until slightly frothy, whisk in melted butter, sour cream and vanilla.
- Make a small hollow in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour egg mixture in. Whisk or use a mixer until batter is well combined.
- Pre-heat a griddle and grease surface slighly with butter. Drop batter 1/4 cup (60 ml) at a time on to the hot griddle, allow surface to bubble and edges to cook and then flip to cook remaining side.
- Serve immediately with real maple syrup (or topping of choice- peanut butter, jam, butter... get creative), and enjoy!