|1 1/2 cups||(375 ml)||All-purpose flour|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||Whole wheat flour|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||Sugar|
|4 tsp||(20 ml)||Baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||Kosher salt|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||Hemp hearts|
|1 3/4 cups||(375 ml)||Skim milk|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||Canola oil|
|1/2 tsp||(2.5 ml)||Vanilla|
- In a medium bowl, mix together flours, salt, sugar, baking powder, and hemp hearts until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add the milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the waffle mix to your waffle iron, as per according to the manufacturer’s instructions and cook until a golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with fruit, whipped cream, or syrup.
- Note: This recipe can also be used to make pancakes, if a waffle iron is not available. Cook the pancakes until bubbles start to form in the batter and then flip.