|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||butter|
|2||stalks celery, diced|
|3||cloves garlic, minced|
|0.8 lb||(375 g)||ground Italian sausage, milk, hot or a combination|
|1 lb||(500 g)||lean ground pork (any ground meat will work)|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||milk|
|2 28 oz||(796 each)||cans crushed tomatoes|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||dried parsley|
|3/4 tsp||(3.5 ml)||dried hot red chili flakes (to taste)|
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat or in an electric skillet turned to medium. Add celery, carrots, onion and garlic and cook stirring occasionally until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and ground beef. Use a fork to break up meat; stir continuously over medium heat until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add milk. Gently boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, parsley and chili flakes.
- Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until the thickness desired.