|3 cups||(750 ml)||unsweetened grapefruit juice|
|1/3 cup||(75 ml)||low sodium soy sauce|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||brown sugar|
|2 lbs||(900 g)||uncooked chicken, breasts, thighs or a combination|
- Combine grapefruit juice, soy sauce and brown sugar in a bowl or mix together in a sealable plastic bag.
- Place chicken in a glass or ceramic plate or sealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over chicken to coat both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or up to four hours.
- Preheat barbecue grill to medium high.
- Grill chicken, turning once for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until no longer pink inside and an instant-read thermometer, inserted into the thickest part of chicken, reads 165°F (74°C).
- Discard leftover marinade.
- Note: This marinade contributes minimal energy and nutrients to the recipe and therefore was not calculated.