|12 oz||(350 g)||dried egg noodles (fettucine or tagliatelle)|
|2 oz||(50 g)||unsalted butter|
|3/4 cup||(200 ml)||whipping cream|
|2 oz||(50 g)||grated Parmesan|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||each sea salt and freshly ground black pepper|
- Melt the butter, then add the cream and bring up to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes until the cream and butter are emulsified and thickened slightly.
- Add the parmesan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile cook the noodles in plenty of rapidly boiling, well salted water until al dente, following the directions on the packet.
- Drain the noodles then add them to the cream sauce, stirring over a low heat.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and serve immediately, with more parmesan cheese on the side.