|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||butter|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||bottled Thai Red curry paste, or to taste|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||fresh, minced ginger|
|1||medium, peeled sweet poato, cut into bite-size chunks|
|1||zucchini, cut into bite-size chunks|
|1||red pepper, cut into bite-size pieces|
|salt, to taste|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||water|
|19 oz||(540 ml)||can chickpeas, rinsed and drained|
|1||lime, zested and juiced|
|3 tbsp||(45 ml)||all-purpose flour|
|1 1/2 cup||(375 ml)||milk|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||chopped fresh coriander|
- In a large, non-stick frying pan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, 2 minutes. Add curry paste and ginger. Cook, stirring, 1-2 minutes.
- Add sweet potato, red pepper, and water- stir.
- Cook, covered, stirring occasionally until vegetables soften, about 15 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, zucchini, zest, and juice from lime. Stir frequently until vegetables are tender and liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk flour into milk. Then graudlly stir into pan. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium; stirring occationally, simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in coriander and salt, if needed.
- Serve over cooked rice or favourite grain.