|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||butter|
|3/4 cup||(175 ml)||mushrooms, sliced|
|2||green onions, finely chopped|
|3/4 cup||(175 ml)||broccoli florets, small pieces|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||sweet red pepper, diced|
|5 oz||(150 g)||cooked ham, diced|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||milk|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||each salt and pepper, approximately|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||Italian seasoning blend|
|1 1/2 cups||(375 ml)||Canadian cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||chunky salsa|
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- In a large skillet melt butter. Sauté mushrooms, green onions, broccoli, and red pepper until tender. Add ham, cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning until foamy. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese, the salsa and the sautéed mushroom mixture.
- Pour into a lightly buttered 12 inch (30 cm) shallow oven proof baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake at 375 F (190 C) for 25 to 30 minutes or until a knife you insert in the middle of the frittata comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let rest for a few minutes. Loosen the frittata away from the edges of the baking dish. Turn out onto a serving dish and cut into desired pieces. Serve with a light salad, more salsa and a glass of cold milk.