|1 1/2 cups||(375 ml)||whole wheat flour|
|3 cups||(750 ml)||old rolled oats|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||baking soda|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||baking powder|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||salt|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||cinnamon|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||brown sugar|
|3/4 cup||(175 ml)||butter, melted|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||full-fat vanilla yogurt|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||vanilla extract|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||chia seeds|
|1 1/2 cups||(375 ml)||dark chocolate chips|
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Place flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon into a medium-sized bowl and whisk together.
- In a large bowl, add brown sugar, melted butter, yogurt, vanilla, eggs and chia seeds. With an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, mix ingredients together until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated (it will be crumbly).
- Add chocolate chips and gently fold them in.
- Grease a 9x13 inch (23x33 cm) pan with a little bit of melted butter. Add dough and gently press it into the pan with your fingers to make sure it is evently distributed and level.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350F (180C). Bars are done when a toothpick comes out clean (although if the bars are a little bit under-done that's ok! This makes for a moister bar!). Enjoy.