|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||butter|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||green onions, thinly sliced|
|1 clove||garlic, minced|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||Arborio or Italian-style rice|
|2 cups||(500 ml)||chicken or vegetable broth|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||milk|
|2 cups||(500 ml)||broccoli, chopped|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||carrot, grated|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||chicken broth|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||aged cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||freshly ground black pepper|
|Parmesan cheese, grated and fresh parsley, chopped to serve|
- Melt butter in a deep 2 quart (2 l) microwave safe dish on high for about 20 seconds or until melted.
- Add onion and garlic and stir to coat. Cook uncovered on HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add rice, broth and milk and stir. Cook uncovered on HIGH for 20 minutes; stirring halfway through cooking.
- Add broccoli, carrot and broth and stir. Cook on HIGH for 5 to 7 minutes or until rice and broccoli are tender.
- Stir in pepper and cheddar cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley if desired.