|1||russet potato, peeled and diced|
|3 tbsp||(45 ml)||butter|
|2 cloves||garlic, finely chopped|
|2 stalks||celery, thinly sliced|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||dried thyme|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||salt|
|1/4 tsp||(1 ml)||pepper|
|3 tbsp||(45 ml)||all-purpose flour|
|1 1/2 cups||(375 ml)||milk|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||low-sodium chicken broth|
|2 tsp||(10 ml)||Dijon mustard|
|1 lb||(500 g)||cooked chicken breast, cubed|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||peas|
|1/2 pkg||(397 g pkg)||frozen puff pastry, thawed|
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook carrots and potato for 4 to 5 minutes or until almost tender-crisp; drain well.
- In 9-inch (23 cm) cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion, garlic and celery for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add carrots, potato, thyme, salt and pepper; sauté for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour; cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, chicken broth and mustard; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in chicken and peas until incorporated.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 10-inch (25 cm) square. Place pastry over filling, pressing edges to adhere to side of skillet. Brush egg over top of pastry.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is bubbling. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.