|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||butter, melted and divided|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||milk, at room temperature|
|2||eggs, at room temperature|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||all-purpose flour|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||finely minced chives or green onion|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||salt|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||finely grated aged Canadian cheddar cheese|
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Brush 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter into all tins of a 12 tin muffin tray; set aside.
- Just before oven is preheated, place milk, eggs, and remaining 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter in a blender. Blend until frothy, about 1 minute.
- Add flour, chives, and salt; blend until well mixed.
- For popovers to reach maximum height, place empty buttered muffin pan in preheated 400°F (200°C) oven for 3 minutes just before filling.
- Pulse mixture in blender once or twice. Remove muffin pan from oven. Immediately pour batter into hot muffin tins, filling each one a bit more than half full. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until very puffy. Serve immediately.