|2 cups||(500 ml)||whole-wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)|
|2 tsp||(10 ml)||baking powder|
|2 tsp||(10 ml)||baking soda|
|2 tsp||(10 ml)||sugar|
|1/4 tsp||(1 ml)||salt|
|2 cups||(500 ml)||buttermilk, room temperature|
|4||eggs, room temperature|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||melted butter, cooled|
- Heat a griddle or large frying pan on medium heat. Preheat oven to 250F (120C).
- In a large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a medium bowl and pour into well of dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined (it will still be a little lumpy). Let stand 5 minutes.
- Lightly butter the hot griddle or frying pan. Pour ~1/3 cup (60 ml) of batter on to hot griddle, and slighly spread to form pancakes.
- Cook until bubbles appear on top (~4-5 minutes), and bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook until bottom is golden brown.
- Keep cooked pancakes, covered, in preheated oven until ready to serve.
- Serve with butter, Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, peanut butter, syrup, or topping of your choice.