|2 cups||(500 ml)||barley flour|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||liquid honey|
|2 1/2 tsp||(12 ml)||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||baking soda|
|3/4 cup||(175 ml)||buttermilk|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||butter, chilled|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||dried fruit|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare buttermilk by combining ¾ cup milk with 1 tbsp lemon juice. Let stand for 10-15 minutes, until milk starts to curdle.
- In a large bowl, mix together barley flour, baking powder, baking soda and dried fruit. Cut in chilled butter with a pastry cutter (or knife).
- Mix honey with buttermilk and combine with flour mixture.
- With lightly floured hands, divide dough into eight balls. Place on lightly greased baking sheet and flatten until 2 cm (¾ inch) thick.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.