|8 slices||whole wheat bread|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||basil pesto|
|1||(ripe)||avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||shredded Canadian Mozzarella cheese|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||shedded aged Canadian Cheddar cheese|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||unsalted butter, softened|
- Spread pesto evenly over each slice of bread.
- Place avocado slices on half the bread slices.
- Toss Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese together. Divide evenly over avocado.
- Cap with remaining slices of bread. Spread butter on outside of sandwiches.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Fry sandwiches for about 5 to 6 minutes, turning once and pressing lightly with spatula, until bread is golden and cheese is melted.