|4 cups||(1 L)||Fettuccine, uncooked (try to make your own)|
|1 1/2 cups||(375 ml)||broccoli florets|
|1||small zucchini, sliced|
|1||small carrot, sliced|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||shredded low-fat Canadian Mozzarella cheese|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||unsalted butter|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||all-purpose flour|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||low-sodium vegetable broth|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||milk|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||crumbled Canadian cow's milk Feta cheese|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||grated Canadian Asiago cheese|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- On stovetop, in a Dutch oven, melt butter. Add minced garlic and cook on medium heat for 2-4 minutes. Add flour and stir until a roux, or paste, forms. Cook for an additional 2-4 minutes. Add broth, milk and stir with a whisk until mixture thickens. Add Asiago, Feta, and salt and pepper to taste. Continue to stir until sauce is evenly combined and creamy. Remove from heat.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Add broccoli, zucchini and carrots to the boiling water for the last 3 minutes. Drain.
- Add cooked pasta and vegetables to Dutch oven and combine with cheese sauce. Gently fold in sundried tomatoes and top with Mozzarella.
- Bake Dutch oven for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is golden.
- Serve warm with a leafy green salad, and garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired.