|2||(medium)||zucchini (about 8 inches long)|
|375 g||(3/4 lbs)||ground turkey or chicken|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||each of paprika and garlic powder and oregano|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||ground mustard|
|1/2 cup||(120 g)||fresh mushrooms, chopped|
|1 cup||(250 g)||sweet red pepper, chopped|
|1 cup||(250 g)||green pepper, chopped|
|1/3 cup||(90 g)||part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded|
|1/4 cup||(60 g)||parmesan cheese, shredded|
|1- 398 ml can||tomato sauce (I choose the low sodium brands)|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||each Salt and pepper, approximately|
|optional crushed red peppers if you like spice|
- In a medium pot bring water to a boil.
- Trim the ends of zucchini. Cut in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, and set aside.
- Place zucchini in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Remove from water and place on the side.
- Over medium heat in a skillet, cook turkey, zucchini pulp, onion, mushrooms and peppers. Also add paprika, garlic powder, crushed red peppers, ground mustard, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cook until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat.
- In a 13-in x 9-in baking dish spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on the bottom, and lay the zucchini ½ in a row.
- Spoon the ground turkey into the zucchini shells. Cover with tomato sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until zucchini is tender.