|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||dry bread crumbs|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||butter|
|2||green onions, thinly sliced|
|4 cups||(1 L)||baby spinach (about 1/3 of a 5 oz/142g package)|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||bite-size strips of roasted red pepper|
|2 cups||(500 ml)||2% or homogenized milk|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||cornstarch|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||salt|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||dried oregano|
|ground pepper, to taste|
|3/4 cup||(175 ml)||crumbled Canadian Feta, well drained|
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Butter a 20-inch (25 cm) pie plate or baking dish; dust bottom and sides with bread crumbs. Place pie plate on baking tray.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add green onions and cook 1 minute. Add spinach and stir until very wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon spinach mixture into prepared dish.
- Place pepper strips in paper towel and squeeze dry. Scatter over spinach.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk with eggs, cornstarch, salt, oregano and pepper until well blended.
- Pour over spinach mixture.
- Arrange Feta over top (it will sink a bit).
- Bake 35 minutes or until egg mixture is set in the centre.
- Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes. To serve, cut into wedges (like pie the first slice may not be perfect).