|2 tsp||(10 ml)||butter|
|4 cloves||garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp||(25 ml)||all-purpose flour|
|2 cups||(500 ml)||2% milk|
|2 cups||(500 ml)||chicken broth|
|2 jars||(10 oz/340 ml)||roasted red peppers (drained and chopped) OR 4 (large) red peppers (roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped)|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||taco seasoning mix|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||salt and pepper, approximately|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||light sour cream|
|1/4 cup||(50 ml)||cilantro, chopped|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||lime juice|
|1 clove||garlic, peeled|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||sugar and salt, approximately|
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk. Stir in broth.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook, partially covered, for about 5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Blend mixture in batches until smooth. Return soup to saucepan to reheat.
- In a blender, process all ingredients until smooth.
- Spoon soup into individual soup bowls. Top with Cilantro Cream.