|2 1/4 cups||(560 ml)||whole grain whole wheat flour|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||baking soda|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||salt|
|1 tbsp||(30 ml)||cinnamon|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||cottage cheese (1%)|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||plain Greek yogurt (2%)|
|1/4 cup + 2 tbsp||(90 ml)||skim milk powder + water to make 1 1/2 cups (375) milk|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||butter, melted|
- In a large bowl, mix together whole grain whoel wheat flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- With a hand blender* blend together cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, eggs, and milk. Once blended, add in melted butter. Add to the flour mixture, stir to combine.
* I blended the cttage cheese with the other ingredients so there weren't any white chunks in the pancakes (which look like melted mozzarella cheese).
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Lightly mist with vegetable oil spray or butter. Pour in pancakes to desired size. Cook until pancakes are lightl browned on the one side, flip over and cook through for another minute or so.
- Serve with your favourite pancake toppers. In our house, that is melted peanut butter, fruit, yogurt, and syrup. Enjoy as a breakfast, pre- and post-sports snack, or as breakfast-for-dinner.
This recipe freezes well.