|1 cup||(250 ml)||boiling water|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||Bran buds|
|2 1/2 cup||(625 ml)||all-purpose flour|
|2 1/2 tsp||(12 ml)||baking soda|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||salt|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||dried cranberries|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||pumpkin seed|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||flax oil|
|2 cups||(500 ml)||buttermilk|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||sugar|
|3 cups||(750 ml)||Bran flakes|
- In a medium bowl, combine the water with bran buds and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combined the flour, baking soda, salt, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds.
- Add the flax oil into the bran mixture and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, and sugar together and add to the flour mixture and stir.
- Add the bran flakes and bran mixture to flour mix and stir until just combined.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, pre heat oven to 375 F/190 C. Grease muffin tins with butter.
- Bake for 12 -15 minutes or when a toothpick inserted near the centre of the muffin comes out clean.