|1 1/2 cups||(375 ml)||Large flake oats|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||Wheat germ|
|1/4 cup||(60 ml)||Sliced or slivered almonds|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||Butter, melted|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||Molasses|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||Brown sugar|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||Ground allspice|
|1/4 tsp||(1 ml)||Salt|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||Vanilla extract|
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- In a large bowl mix oats, wheat germ and almonds.
- In a smaller bowl mix butter, molasses, brown sugar, allspice, salt and vanilla extract.
- Pour the molasses mixture into the large bowl and stir until combined.
- Grease a muffin tin and divide the mixture evenly among 10 muffin cups.
- Press the granola down into each cup and up the sides. (Tip: to get started, use your pointer and middle finger to push firmly down in the centre of each muffin cup.)
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Allow cups to cool completely before removing from muffin tins.
- Fill with your favourite yogurt and fresh fruit.
- Use honey instead of molasses.