|4 cups||(1 L)||quick-cooking oats|
|3/4 cups||(175 ml)||sliced almonds (or other nuts)|
|3/4 cups||(175 ml)||dried fruit (e.g. raisins, chopped dried apricots)|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||flaxseeds|
|2 tsp||(10 ml)||cinnamon|
|1 tsp||(5 ml)||nutmeg|
- Combine the oats, almonds, dried fruit, flaxseeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in an airtight storage container or freezer bag.
To prepare on the stove
- Bring 2/3 cup (150 ml) water to a boil over high heat. Add 1/3 cup (75 ml) of oatmeal mix to the water and stir to combine. Simmer on medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- To serve, top with milk or yogurt.
To prepare a single serving in the microwave
- Combine 2/3 cup (150 ml) water and 1/3 cup (75 ml) of oatmeal mix in a microwave safe bowl. (Tip: use a larger bowl than you think you will need, to ensure the oatmeal does not boil over). Microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, stirring occasionally until most of the water is absorbed and the oats are creamy.
Note: Oats prepared either way will thicken as it sits
- Top serve, top with milk or yogurt.