|2 cups||(500 ml)||all purpose flour|
|1 1/2 tsp||(7 ml)||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||salt|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||unsalted butter|
|3/4 cup||(175 ml)||white sugar|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||lentil puree|
|3/4 cup||(175 ml)||orange juice|
|2-3 tbsp||(30-45 ml)||zest of orange, approximately 1 orange|
|1 1/4 cup||(300 ml)||whole (frozen) cranberries|
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190˚C). Prepare muffin tins with large muffin cup liners or lightly grease sides of tin.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, blend together butter and sugar and eggs. Add lentil purée, orange juice and zest.
- Fold in dry ingredients until just blended and add cranberries.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan filling cups three-quarters of the way full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre of muffins comes out clean.