|1 tsp||(5 ml)||instant coffee granules|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||brown sugar|
|2/3 cup||(150 ml)||all-purpose flour|
|1 1/2 tsp||(7 ml)||ground cinnamon|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||cold butter, diced|
|3/4 cup||(175 ml)||semi-sweet chocolate chips|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||chopped pecans|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||butter, softened|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||sugar|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||sour cream|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||instant coffee granules|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||warm water|
|2 3/4 cup||(680 ml)||all-purpose flour|
|1 tbsp||(15 ml)||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||baking soda|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||salt|
|1 cup||(250 ml)||chocolate milk|
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan.
- For the crumb topping, in a medium bowl, stir together instant coffee, brown sugar, flour and ground cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly and stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- In a small bowl, dissolve instant coffee in warm water.
- In a large bowl beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well until smooth. Beat in sour cream. Beat in coffee mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining dry ingredients. Gradually stir into the creamed mixture. On low speed, begin with 1/3 of the dry mixture then half of the chocolate milk. Alternate, beating well after each addition and ending with the flour mixture.
- Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with one third of the crumb topping mixture. Cover with remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining crumb topping.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. If the top begins to brown too quickly, tent with foil and continue baking until done.