|3 tbsp||(45 ml)||butter|
|8 oz||(250 g)||mushrooms, sliced|
|1||small red pepper, chopped|
|1||small onion, finely chopped|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|3 tbsp||(45 ml)||flour|
|4 cups||(1 L)||milk|
|2 tbsp||(30 ml)||Worchestershire sauce|
|1/2 tsp||(2 ml)||salt|
|freshly ground pepper|
|8 oz||(250 g)||extra broad egg noodles|
|1 pkg||(150 g)||Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs|
|3 cups||(750 ml)||cooked and cut into bite-size pieces deli chicken|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||frozen peas|
|1/2 cup||(125 ml)||chopped fresh parsley|
|small fresh basil leaves (optional)|
|grated Canadian Parmesan|
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, red pepper, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring about 5 minutes until tender.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir. Gradually whisk in milk, then Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- Stirring occationally, bring to a boil. Add noodles; reduce heat to a low boil.
- Stirring constantly and around the edges of pan, cook until pasta is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in chunks of Boursin, then chicken, peas, and parsley. Stir until chicken is hot and Boursin is melted.
- Serve sprinkled with basil and parmesan.